The Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire Council for Voluntary Service and Action Limited
Date: 3rd August 2020
Due to the outbreak of Covid-19, the Links Board of Directors has made the decision to temporarily close the office until further notice in order to minimise any potential risk to our staff and VCS group representatives in support of the official attempt to slow down the pandemic. If there are any changes, we will keep you informed.
Sandra Pink (Advice & Project Manager) – Email: email@example.com Mobile: 07889 726846.
We will keep you updated as we receive more information.
Summer Activities for Children in Chesterfield Survey
Are you organising summer activities for children and families?
We would like to hear about them so that we can spread the news.
If you would like to be included please complete the survey below.
Help Needed in Chesterfield & North East Derbyshire Survey
We know about the community groups that operate and the good work that you all do. Sadly, we understand that many of you have had to close down due to the Coronavirus crisis.
We are now mapping the help that is available in your residential area.
Prepayment Meter Crisis Funding - Warmer Derby & Derbyshire
Marches Energy Agency are pleased to be able to offer prepayment top-up vouchers to customers at risk of self-disconnection and affected by the current coronavirus outbreak in some way. This is available in Derby & Derbyshire, as part of our ‘Warmer Derby & Derbyshire’ advice service. We will be working closely with referral agencies to support the clients they work with who are in need.
To make an application to the fund on behalf of a client, please use the online link https://forms.gle/VuwaNGSVf2ScZqRj9 or the form. You can make referrals by telephone if you prefer, via Warmer Derby & Derbyshire on 0800 677 1332. If we do not work with you/your group regularly, or you are a new group, we will be in touch to verify you as a referral partner and ensure things run as smoothly as possible. We would be pleased to work with new groups who know households they support well, including those smaller groups formed in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
We will offer all applicants energy advice to help them reduce their bills in the long term and help prevent future crisis, as part of our Warmer Derby & Derbyshire Energy Advice service. Please do forward on this to other organisations or groups supporting those who could benefit. However, it is a condition of the funding that we do not publicise the support more widely to clients, so I would ask that you don’t post information on social media, in a newsletter etc. Instead, please use or adapt some more general text about our help:
Are you struggling to pay for your gas and electric? Warmer Derby & Derbyshire offer free energy advice and can help you get your payments under control. We’re helping people in need across the area deal with managing debts by providing small grants and talking to suppliers. Their friendly Energy Advisors can be called on 0800 677 1332, or message them on Facebook @ Warmer Derby & Derbyshire
If beneficiaries are identified through a general call, we will ask for a referee (ideally from a known referral organisation) to support their application.
Please view flyer
If you have any questions please do get in touch with me on the details below.
Help during difficult times – refer or register for an appointment with an Energy Advisor https://bit.ly/2L93LAH
‘Warmer Derby & Derbyshire’ helpline: 0800 677 1332
Marches Energy Agency
To view above please click link below
Working across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire, the postholder will lead this exciting programme which aims to explore, actualise and learn from the potential of the VCSE sector in enabling Physical Activity to be the norm for everybody in our communities.
The main roles of the Club and Group Development Manager are:
• Increasing understanding of the ongoing and changing support needs of groups & clubs, working with a range of partners to ensure needs are met
• Understanding the potential within existing VCSE organisations across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to capitalise on their connectivity with less active people to bring about more activity
• Engage with existing VCSE sports clubs to explore if they have capacity and capability to extend their reach and delivery to support broader communities
• Devise a range of solutions with programme partners to address any barriers, challenges or opportunities that may arise through engaging with VCSE sports clubs and other community organisations.
• Making and establishing connections so that the work informs local and national strategy and policy including two-way feedback into Club Matters a Sport England national support programme for clubs, organisations and community groups.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate:
• A good understanding of sport/ physical activity and/ or VCSE sectors.
• Experience of developing, managing and supporting a workforce including volunteers, community groups and professionals.
• Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with a wide range of people and partnership towards a shared purpose
• Ability to inspire confidence and motivation through leadership
• Recent experience of working ideally at a senior level in any of the following: community development, project management, physical activity and sport development.
• Excellent communication skills, good literacy and numeracy.
• Good IT skills and ability to maintain records and statistics to monitor the personal progress and progress of the project.
• Excellent organisational, planning, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Experience of leading, supporting and developing people is necessary.
• Ability to work with a multi-agency steering group
Salary per annum £30,507per annum + pension
Hours of work up to 37 hours per week, occasional evening work may be required
Holidays 6wks,pro rata + bank holidays.
Based TBC, working across Derby/ Derbyshire, Nottingham/ Nottinghamshire
Contract length: 18 months
Please telephone 01773 512076 / email firstname.lastname@example.org for application pack.
Closing date: 9.00 am 24th August 2020
Interview date: 2nd September 2020
Next Sunday August 9th: Black Lives Matter In Queen’s Park
Please come along to Queens Park, Sunday August 9th, 4.0pm to 5.30pm.
Live Music, Poetry, and Speak out, organised by the younger members of Stand up to Racism.
Family friendly event, Bring a picnic if you like. Please invite your friends.
We will be near the Bandstand.
IF YOU WANT TO CONTRIBUTE BY PLAYING, SINGING OR SPEAKING GET IN TOUCH.
MONDAY AUGUST 10th. Stand up to Racism Organising Meeting. 7.0pm on zoom.
A new future beckons for several key council services as they are set to be transferred to joint venture companies.
We are happy for you to send this information to other groups, but please acknowledge the source.
View this mailing as a web page
Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list / Click here to unsubscribe from all Links CVS mailings
Links: The Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire Council For Voluntary Service and Action Limited
No. 1 Rose Hill East
Chesterfield, S40 1NU
Company Limited by Guarantee No.4294079 / Registered Charity No.1089963
Tel 01246 274844